The Master program confers the degree of Master of Science in Information Security (Mestre em Segurança Informática) from the Department of Informatics of the Faculty of Sciences, University of Lisbon (FCUL- Departamento de Informática da Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa).
In the MSI you will learn the principles and techniques that will give you and your company a competitive edge on security and dependability of critical infrastructures. The program combines safety and dependability on the one hand, and information and infrastructure on the other, mastering a symbiosis between policy/assurance/law and architecture/protocols/technology. This model is novel even in the international context.
The program provides a solid theoretical basis combined with intensive laboratory work. This way, we aim at creating a new culture: learning how to think and how to do security and dependability.
Besides training of professionals to tackle security technical issues, the program aims at creating a new culture that promotes specific attributes that differentiate it from alternative offers:
- Mastering a symbiosis between policy/assurance/law and architecture/protocols/technology.
- Taking security (intentional faults) and dependability and fault-tolerance (accidental faults) into account in a seamless way.
- Exposure to real-time embedded systems security, expands students’ expertise to fields of smartcards, biometrics, cyber control (e.g. power), critical infrastructure.
Set in an extremely lively research environment, the program offers core courses in security and dependability and a range of electives that provide the opportunity to study some areas in greater depth. The courses are offered by the FCUL Department of Informatics, and students benefit from a dedicated study room and laboratory.
The program has top level international instructors, heavily engaged in high-level research and teaching, and in numerous international research projects in security and dependability.
In addition, we have the collaboration of the following instructors (see more information here):
- Luís Policarpo (Escola Naval)
- Eduardo Vera-Cruz Pinto (Universidade de Lisboa, Faculdade de Direito)
- Rogério Bravo (Polícia Judiciária)
- Gonçalo Ribeiro (Polícia Judiciária)